Wednesday 8 February 2012

Poster

Seeing as I designed the Digi-pak first it was easier to design the poster because, in terms of continuity, I wanted the design features to remain similar. However, the design of a poster is different to that of a CD cover so I decided to go online in order to research similar band’s music posters. Again, websites such as MySpace which bands have designed around their own image offered a lot of design ideas that were helpful in this process.
A lot of the posters I looked at were of the ‘rock’ genre and were mainly designed for promoting their tours. I decided that I would design the poster for the Damned Reputation’s up and coming tour to promote their new album ‘Burn Out’.
Again, using Photoshop I set up the image size to be A3 to achieve similar proportions to official music posters. I then began with the design of the artwork, using similar conventions to my Digi-pak design such as the shattered text and DR logo. I also incorporated an image of the band performing during the music video in order to establish the band’s ‘star image’ to fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment