Sunday 11 September 2011

Preliminary Task Evaluation

The Preliminary Task for me, wasn't as hard as I expected. But I think that's because when we were set the task we weren't given much time to plan our video. Also, we were restricted to what we could do in terms of filming because the studio was the only place we could film, with a pre-prepared set and a limited amount of time to film our section.


However I think the fact that we were set the task like this without much freedom was a good lesson. This is because, after seeing the end result I now know that If not enough thought and effort isn't put into the preparation of the video we won't be able to achieve what we want.
Unfortunately the group that I was in went last which meant that we were rushed for time the must. I had been watching the other groups in the morning to pick up on what they were doing in order to get their footage. We had originally prepared a shot list, which in the end wasn't needed because your ideas change when you appear on the real set. I liked that factor of filming because it meant that everyone in the group could chip in with their own ideas of what might look good.


All in all I think that the shoot was fairly successful. One point that I did remember though, that was for a lot of people filming this genre of music wasn't everyone's favorite. That meant not everyone was motivated to the highest level because we didn't know how exactly to film for this genre. That was why I think everyone just went with their gut instinct at the time, focusing on close up of each member of the band and their instruments and collaborating them together to make the music video.


I think that, when we start filming our own music videos everyone will be more motivated and inspired to be as creative as possible because for one, we'll be familiar with the song. And secondly we have now become more comfortable with creating a music video thanks to this task. It was good to have a taste of what it's going to be like when it comes to our shoot day, so that we will be prepared for a busy day ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment