Wednesday 9 November 2011

Digi Pack design

Now that we have established the style of the music video and the genre of the band it has been easier to design the album artwork based on these conventions. The title of the album is 'Burn Out' so we have centred the artwork of the album around the imagery of this title.
I spent time on the weekend designing the image. I decided to use rope to make the band logo, covered it in flammable oil and set it on fire. I then took images of the rope slowly burning out so that I had a documentation of the flame getting weaker. I then took the images to photo shop where i manipulated the design in post production to make it look more sophisticated.
I decided to use the rope in bright flames as the front cover, then the image of the rope burnt out as one of the inside covers. In order to keep continuity throughout the digi pack I then edited the background of the image to cover the whole frame for the back cover where the track listing will go.
I haven't designed the forth cover yet because I am planning on taking photographs of the band in the studio to use for the final cover.
So far these are the images that I have constructed for our album artwork:
Front Cover
Inside cover

No comments:

Post a Comment