Monday 28 November 2011

Digi-Pack 'In the Making Of'

Along side our practical work of organising and filming our music videos we also have a side project of designing the Digi-Pack. This design will be a representation of the band and the type of genre they are.
The name of our album is 'Burn Out'. I began with my first attempt a while back which was created before we had filmed the video or styled the band. I was simply designing the cover on the basis of the name 'Burn Out'.

(image of album)

After producing this album cover I showed it to the rest of the group who decided we should come up with some more design ideas. So for my second attempt I designed another album cover using fire. Although this is a typical convention for the title 'Burn' I think that It worked well for this project.

(front cover)

After creating the front cover I turned to the back cover which wasn't centred as much towards the design side, but instead the information that was needed. We had to come up with the names of the rest of the songs on the album. Also I had to add in the information that goes towards the production of the album, the barcode and the symbol of the record company.
All these factors were compiled together in order to create a realistic back cover.

(back cover)

Finally I created the two inside panels of the Digi-pack which consisted of a burnt out version of the front cover, and an image of the lead singer.

(Left and Right panel)

Once I had finished designing the four panels I put them together on a template of the digi-pack in order to show the final product of the album.
Personally I am pleased with the outcome. I think that it was a good idea to not go with my first design because it leaves more room for experimentation. Also the colour scheme of the album is consistent throughout, including the image of the lead singer which we took on the shoot day.

(finished template)

No comments:

Post a Comment