Friday 18 November 2011

Evaluation of Shoot Day

Looking back on our shoot day I found that it went better than I thought it would. I thought that, having three different elements of a video to shoot would be too complicated and time consuming and I was worried that we wouldn't be able to film it all in time.
However, due to an amazing performance by all of our band members who were focused and put in a lot of effort resulted in our music video becoming less stressful to film. Another aspect of the music video that I was worried about were the projections. Because we were dealing with a completely blank set we were relying on lighting and projections to create the USP of our video.
Fortunately we spent a lot of time compiling our projections and in the end we had four different sets of images which we used. This meant that we had different colour schemes being projected which created an abstract setting that was perfect for our video.
After filming the performance and abstract parts of our video we finished with the narrative scenes. I was also slightly worried that our band members would not be able to pull off the 'brain washed' face that was required when the projections hit them. However after filming those scenes I was pleased with the outcome.
One aspect that we incorporated into our music video that wasn't planned was the use of slow motion. In two cases, one being the smash of the lightbulb, and the other being the bucket being kicked and water pouring out were filmed in slow motion. Considering the fact that the song we chose has slow moments and high moments when the tempo picks up I think that the use of the slow motion shots will fit in nicely to either represent the climax of the tempo at that point, or be used during the slow parts of the song. Either way the footage will fit in well.
All together I am very pleased with the outcome of our music video. Looking back on the footage now I don't think there is anything that I would have filmed differently. Now that our shoot day is over we will now move onto the editing process, compiling our footage together to create the final result of our course work.

No comments:

Post a Comment